Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Just a Quickie - You Have to Win the Game

It’s retro arcade platforming at its most retro. You Have to Win the Game is a simple one button platformer with the goal of getting to the end. You have unlimited lives and will respawn at the last activated checkpoint upon death. You have to find the end of the game and choose wether you Win or Lose. The simple way is to ‘Lose the Game’, but if you want to win, you have to enter the ‘magic word’ which is hidden cryptically throughout the game. I have to yet to discover the magic word, so I lost the game.


Functionally, it plays great and is visually appealing. I quote: “Experience the thrill of four-color CGA graphics and monotonic PC speaker sounds! Or take a peek at the future of home entertainment with the SIXTEEN-COLOR EGA GRAPHICS option!” There isn’t anything else too it, it is simple old-school fun put together in a pleasant and meaningful way. I will complain a little about its confusing map layout which had me going in circles for quite a while (my fault really though) and it also didn’t stop monitor timeout, so I had to move the mouse every now and then to stop my screensaver coming up while I was using the controller.

A fun little game with some replayability in the form of the money bags to find and the cat and YOLO mode. Also, it’s freeeeeeeeeee (on Steam).


No comments:

Post a Comment