Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Read a Book! – Mogworld

This segment is not a review, more of a recommendation. I find books to be a very personal experience, since it leaves so much to the reader’s imagination and perspective. Instead, I am simply recommending (or discouraging) a title and leaving a few thoughts on how I felt. What? Did you think I only played games and watched tv?

Mogworld – By Yahtzee Crozhaw
Comedy/Adventure/Fantasy

“I had passed on from life, from the world of struggles and hardship and big fat women with annoying laughs, and entered a glorious new existence of utter peace, and joy, and love.

And then some git brought me back to life”
 
Written by our very own Yahtzee who happily resides in Brisbane, you may also know him from the popular Escapist series Zero Punctuation. The lovable bad-talking loudmouth has written a book and what a unique book it is. I don’t think I’ve ever read anything quite like it. It takes MMORPGs and turns it on its head.

I found it to be well written; full of humour and some rather grimacing moments. It has amazing characters some with a touch of surreal and others with a too much twisting. I was completely entertained right to the end and I strongly recommend it.


Recommended for mature audiences. Contains: Adult themes, low-level violence, low-level sexual references.


No comments:

Post a Comment